for Market in partnership
has created a library of expert
information about growing and selling vegetables and flowers. Links in
the article will take you to johnnyseeds.com.
Subscribe to Growing
for Market for more
great ideas about growing and marketing!
For more topics in
the series, click on Market Farming Basics in the left
Hoophouse and Quick Hoops™ crops
With an unheated hoophouse or Quick Hoops™
covered with greenhouse poly, you can have fresh produce to sell until Thanksgiving and beyond. Choose vegetables that are cold-tolerant, and
remember to add about 14 days to the days to maturity printed in the
catalog to account for slower growth as the days get shorter. Here are
our picks for sweet, crisp, fall and winter vegetables.
• Subscribe to Growing for
Market for the latest news and ideas.
- Broccoli - Arcadia and Marathon
- Cabbage - Alcosa, Gonzales, and Farao
- Carrots - Napoli
- Cauliflower - Cassius and Amazing
- Greens - Sylvetta arugula, Hon Tsai Tai, Kyona Mizuna, Yukina Savoy, Pac Choi, Mache, Cress, Claytonia, Mustard Greens
- Kale and Collards
- Lettuce and Greens mix
- Micro Mix
- Spinach - Space and Regiment
- Swiss chard
from JSS Advantage September 2010